Friday, May 9, 2014

Fit Pregnancy

When I was pregnant with my first son,  I was sick, sick, sick for a full 15-20 weeks. This time, no change! I found out I was pregnant so soon that I was able to have a week or two before it hit me. Then hit me it did...  And I got the flu! :/ So anyhoo, long story short, I was miserable, sick and pretty much useless for the same amount of time I was with N.
But now, at almost 22 weeks, I am feeling SO much better.  Back to getting working out, making whole food smoothies and just feeling like a normal, healthy person! I am intending not to gain 60lbs like last time, so I'm trying to keep healthy snack options in the house. I still eat some junk...Sam's club cookies! :) Because baby needs cookies.

I have noticed that I'm not as stressed out about having to stay within a certain calorie goal. Because I'm not restricting my calories, I feel like I can just focus on eating right, working out and being in a good head space. Not pregnant, I still try not to stress about going "over" in my calories for the day...it's always on my mind, but I don't freak out about. That's counterproductive.

My workouts right now consist of up to 20 mins on the Elliptical (I don't push it, just go at my own pace),  10-15 mins of free weights focusing on arms, shoulders and back and yoga/Pilate's (to keep me limber!). Oh and squats. Always with the squats. ;)
I don't work out on days I am doing a lot of yard work...the point is to stay active and keep muscle mass (or regain it), not over exert myself.
I haven't been going for walks with N as much lately because my days seem to keep getting busier. Walking is a great way to get some exercise in and its good for any fitness level.

I am so happy to be able to drink water again! I was so sick at one point I was only drinking watered down Powerade. Plain water made me sicker. :/ Now I'm back to drinking a ton of water... And subsequently, peeing every half hour! Haha!
Anyhoo... I'm going to try to update more often! I just got a notice saying I'm getting another awesome Voxbox from Influenster, so be on the lookout for reviews soon. :) It will be a health and fitness related box, so I'm pretty psyched about it!

Till then!
Nelle

No comments:

Post a Comment